Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Hootenanny

I am now officially in the Christmas spirit, thanks to the Holiday Hootenanny. Overall the show was pretty good and well worth the money. I feel like the venue caused most of the bands to fall short of their typical live performance, but it would be hard to have so many good bands on the same bill in a smaller place. Despite the poor mixing and echo of the large building, everyone except Manchester Orchestra put on a very entertaining show. I don't know if I'll be able to listen to that album again after seeing the band that created it. Spoon was by far the most talented and polished band of the night and deserved headlining status, even if the mindless, crowd surfing, moshing fifteen year olds didn't understand it.

Kate's Christmas party this weekend, should be a let down. Maybe you'll see me there for longer than 30 minutes this year. Bring on the Mistake Bombs (shot of 151 dropped into a glass of Double Bastard).

No comments: