I had the day off of work on Wednesday, thanks to the pumpkin carving contest I won back on Halloween, so my family and I went to Disneyland for the day. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The forecast had said severe thunder storms, this was not even close to being true. In rained lightly for about ten minutes and then was a perfect sunny 70 degrees. The predicted rain must have scared off the masses because there was hardly anyone there, which resulted in short lines all day. We ended our fun filled day by having dinner at The Blue Bayou (the restaurant inside The Pirates ride). The food was pretty pricey but, it's safe to say it was one of the best meals I've ever had.
Thursday wasn't too exciting, just went to my Aunt's house up in Carlsbad for Thanksgiving, ate my weight in tofurkey, then went to Nathan's for some last minute party prep.
On Friday, I discovered my true calling in life. Nathan's party was pretty much perfect, minus a douche bag or two (but David saw to it that the clown got his lumps, the other received no lumps but still found a way to shed some blood). I'd never experienced a party from the other side of the bar before Friday night but, it was a night I'll never forget. I wasn't really drinking all that much myself but, there was a certain buzz that came over me just watching how happy my drinks were making people. This was no small task and couldn't have been successful without the help of my countless assistants, mostly Martin.
I can't stand feeling like a day is over before it's even began. That's pretty much what Saturday felt like. I mean we got some much needed house work done to transform the Kowalski house back into the Kowalski home, but it seemed like we'd barely woken up and the sun was already beginning to set. We found time at the end of the night to reward ourselves for the overall success of the previous night by drinking the remainder of the keg and playing board games.
Sunday was pretty uneventful since I woke up feeling terrible. I'm petty sure it was just the result of drinking too much the two nights prior and my body crying out for a detox. I got some much needed rest though, and ended the night with some sushi.
The next party you see me tending bar at may look slightly different. The drink slinging Chris Chadwick of the future will look something like this.


No comments:
Post a Comment