Monday, December 22, 2008

Here’s to bad decisions

What a weekend! What can I say? Friday night we went down to Fashion Valley to finish some last minute Christmas preparations as the anticipation started to build for Saturday. After the mall, we set off to find a place that would pierce Nathan’s lip and officially kick off the winter break. This turned out to be a little more difficult than we planned, but after getting turned down by a couple of sketchy tattoo places, we found a guy who was willing to do it for $21 the following day in honor of his 21st birthday. We then headed to Del Taco for some late night custom cuisine and called it a night.

Saturday started a little earlier than normal as we hit the mall to buy some party clothes. After the mall, we headed to “Wild Bill’s Western Emporium” in search of a bolo tie that would complete Justyn’s entire outfit. We hit a couple more stores and then headed home to rest up for the party. Now I can’t even begin to explain how excited I was for this party. All day I was telling myself to keep my excitement in check and pace myself with the 151…MISSION FAILED! Just before entering the party, we all made a pact to throw caution to the wind and do something we would later regret. All I can say is, I held up my end of the pact. My first mistake of the evening was not eating anything except a tiny sandwich before I set sail on my booze soaked adventure. I lasted a good hour and a half before needing Nathan’s assistance to stumble home and vomit on my floor and pass out. The worst part is, I missed a good percentage of the party and I have Christmas gifts that I can’t even remember getting. I missed one of my best friends turning 21 at midnight, don’t worry Justyn we’ve yet to celebrate but it’s coming. Simply put, I fucked up.

Sunday I spent the majority of the day on “Hangover Island”. The Miracle that the Chargers somehow pulled off was just enough to lift me out of my miserable state.

Wild weekend but it’s time to suck it up…New Years is just around the corner…151 anyone?

No comments: